Sunday, December 07, 2008

Hospitals or Hell?

This is the title of an article on mental hospitals that I wrote along with my friend Sundar. The article finally got published in Counter Currents. I am happy that something finally has appeared in the media, but sad that this did not happen earlier. A more elaborate article by both of us on mental patients and their pitiable condition in India is pending with Frontline for quite some time, though they have agreed to publish it. A slightly longer version of the current one was not accepted by another web magazine because they felt a study on a specific hospital was more appropriate. I am happy that this has finally appeared and hope that someone will take notice of the matter. And, maybe, do something about it. In any case, I urge you to read it and talk about the issue. Thank you.

The link to the article once again: http://www.countercurrents.org/sasikumar011208.htm

No comments: